objectives and values
- to promote the relief and welfare of children and adults with learning disabilities and their families
- to campaign for adequate provision in terms of social care, health care, housing and education, and for choice in provision
- to support the rights of parents and family carers to be consulted, and to exercise choice, regarding such provision
- to support parents and family carers by providing access to sources of information
- to make representations to local and central government e.g. with regard to the drafting and implementation of legislation
- to present petitions to Parliament or the Prime Minister’s Office
- to respond and contribute to consultations by government ministries, and non-governmental agencies e.g. the Law Commission
- to consult with Rescare’s members and represent their concerns to relevant parties
- to publish a regular newsletter, Resnews, for its membership
- to maintain a website reflecting and publicising Rescare’s objectives and concerns; and providing information and news on learning disability issues
- we advocate the meeting of needs and the promoting of choice.
- we seek choice in education, housing and care provision, not ‘one size fits all’ solutions
- we support for the rights of parents and family carers to be consulted and listened to.
- we believe that professionals and families in partnership can achieve the best outcome with the best value for money.