Fundraising is a great way to help Rescare to campaign on behalf of people with learning disabilities, their carers, and especially family carers.
Terry’s Fundraiser for Rescare – 10,000 steps a day for 10 days, starting 10th August
I’m Terry, and I love walking! I am 82 years old, but I like to walk every day, and this summer I have set a goal of walking 10,000 steps every day for 10 days, starting on 10th August. 10,000 steps is nearly 5 miles each day. It’s fairly flat where I live, and I’ll be taking it steady, but it’s a good challenge and I am doing it for a good cause.
I’ve decided to raise money for Rescare with this challenge, as I know what great work they do for families of people with learning disabilities.
If you can afford to sponsor me £x per day, or an amount for the total challenge, please either:
Send a cheque to Rescare
19 Buxton Road, Heaviley, Stockport SK2 6LS, or use Paypal:
PayPal – Just click on the button below…
I will take a photo of my fitbit at the end of each day and post it on this website. Rescare is also setting up a JustGiving account, but as of August 7th it’s not live, so updates will be posted here.
Latest pledges: As at 4th August, we have pledges over £200 for Terry’s 10,000 steps for 10 days fundraiser.
Get the latest on Terry’s Fundraiser, and see his daily step count and pledges here.
Fundraising ideas during Covid-19
- Skill to share – If you could read a story, explain how to cook your favourite recipe, lecture on Shakespeare… we can record you, then for £1-2 people could watch online to learn about your skill.
- Lockdown walk/ run/ other challenge – Terry is doing a “10,000 steps a day for 10 days” challenge for us in August – could you or a family member do something similar?
- Or could you adapt one of the below ideas to our strange new world?
Wondering what to do? Here are a few ideas of things you can do to raise valuable funds whilst having fun.
- Bingo Night – Eyes down, full house for a prize. Everyone wins with a Bingo Night fundraiser.
- Plant Sale – Get those green fingers working and help to brighten up your friends’ gardens.
- Fun Quizzes – Fancy yourself as ‘The Quizmaster’? Music, films, or just general knowledge. Challenge your friends and see if they’ve got what it takes.
- Cake Sale – Show off your cake baking skills; you could even have a ‘Guess the weight of the cake’ competition.
- Charity Ball – Full of glam & glitter. Dust off that special dress and wow your friends.
- Sponsored Silence – Keep quiet for a full day; the only way you can ask for things is to mime.
- Coffee Morning – Invite your friends round for coffee (or even afternoon tea).
- Marathon/ Tough mudder/ Triathlon – If you’re able to raise funds with sporty skills we’d be really grateful!
Let us know about your event
Once you’ve decided on your event, please take a moment to tell us what you have planned, so that we can offer and support or advice you may need.